CT Basic Firearm Safety (Pistol Permit) Course
- Are you new to firearms?
- Not so new but looking to enter a shooting or hunting competition?
- Do you want to get your permit without hassles?
- Want to have the peace of mind in knowing you have support from your instructor, not only during, but after the class?
- Did some little training a while back but want to sharpen your shooting skills?
Get right in!!
Getting training professionally by our firearms instructors would certainly come with advantages. It decreases the likelihood of accidents, and other mishaps. Folks want their pistol permits primarily for personal protection and obtaining effective handgun training is not only beneficial for defense services and law enforcement agencies, but also for health professionals, security guards, recreational shooters and more.
Goldeneye’s firearm safety course is where everyone should begin their journey into use of firearms. Our safety course is ideal for individuals looking to get their permits for recreation, hunting, sports, employment, protection, or just to preserve their 2nd amendment constitution.
If you currently live in or are visiting Connecticut, then you have come to the right place.
WHY CHOOSE MY BASIC FIREARM SAFETY COURSE?
- Our staff are Certified NRA/USCCA/ CT State Police Certified Instructors, and lifelong gun enthusiasts.
- We teach the Basic Pistol Permit Course required by the State of Connecticut.
- This gun class is the first step in obtaining your pistol permit, and we will provide support through the complicated process including AFTER the class, if necessary.
Topics covered include:
- Basic Pistol Parts and Operation
- CT Law and Permit Application Process
- Safe Firearm Handling
- Range Safety Rules
- Firearm Maintenance
- Proper Firearm Storage
- Proper Stance and Grip
- Loading and Unloading a Pistol
- Proper Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, trigger, and breath control
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Live Firing (2 Firearm & Ammunition)
- Complimentary beverages and snacks
- And much more…
WHAT TO BRING?
Please bring a valid photo ID. Also, please stop by your local police department or town selectman’s office and pick up your pistol permit application, prior to arriving to class, as your application may be notarized for a nominal fee. All classes start at 9:30am. If you have any questions, contact us or CLICK HERE to visit our FAQ page.