1. Please bring a valid photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID, etc.). This is required.
2. Please click on the following link to complete the registration form and waiver. This is required.
3. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time for registration processing.
4.Please click here to download and save the class handout. Do not print.
Optional offers available on the day of class:
In order to obtain a Guard Card in the State of Connecticut, each person is required to submit application processing fees, a passport photo, and background check fees (including a separate fingerprint fee). We offer all of these optional services at an additional price. Please see below for what you will be offered on the day of class.
- Fingerprints: $15.00. We will have a fingerprint tech on-site on the day of your class, should you choose to get fingerprinted for your background check.
- Passport Style Photos: $10.00. We will take your photo and process them during class. Please note that this photo WILL BE USED on your Guard Card.
- Complete Package: $315.00. We will capture your fingerprints, take your photo, fill out all of the paperwork for you, audit any paperwork that you might have filled out, pay your application fee to the state ($100.00) as well as pay your background check fee to the state ($90.90) as well as send your packet in to the state via USPS overnight signature confirmation. When you leave class, the only thing you’ll have to do is wait for your guard card to arrive in the mail. Please note that purchasing this package includes the fingerprinting and passport photo services above and you will not have to purchase them separately. They are included in this package.
Lastly, our training academy currently has a pro shop where you may purchase items for the job. Although each job and scope are different, our instructors have curated certain pieces of equipment for which you will universally need. The prices for these items range from $7.00 through $200.00 depending on your specific needs and budgets. Everyone will have an opportunity, during the break or after class to view and purchase your equipment.
Payments (optional items, rescheduling fees, etc) may be paid using cash, checks, or credit/debit cards on the day of the class.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All deposits and payments are non-refundable. Any class dates unattended by the participant, or cancelled within seven days from the date of originally registered class, are transferable with a $40.00 rescheduling fee.