1. Please bring a valid pistol permit AND driver’s license or State ID. This is required.
2. Bring the firearm(s) you have chosen to carry for duty and / or the company issued firearm. This is required.
3. You will also need to bring 50 rounds for each firearm. This is required.
3a. Please note that we offer ammunition for purchase, should you need to purchase some for the day of your requalification. Please contact us should you want to place an order.
4. Bring a minimum of either 2 magazines (total) or 2 speed loaders (revolver total). 3 or more of each is preferred. Please contact us if interested in ordering more magazines. This is required.
5. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time for registration processing. Upon arrival, we ask that you bring your firearm(s) unloaded and magazines loaded and outside of the firearm. This is required.
6. Click here to complete the online Gun Range Waiver. This is required. This is a seperate company and requires a seperate waiver to be completed. Please note: The last “Yes or No” question on this waiver must be checked off as “Yes” stating “I certify that above facts are true…”
7. Important Note: This is an intermediate level firearms course. The ability to load / unload a magazine, load / clear a firearm, as well as accurately placing shots on a nine inch target from 20 feet should be the starting skill level prior to arrival. It is STRONGLY recommended to practice safe firearm handling and live fire prior to arrival. Historically, student’s who have not shot a firearm within the past year or those who are not familiar with their firearm have, for the most part, unsuccessfully completed the qualification course. Anyone who does not pass the qualification course will be asked to re-qualify at a later date/time. The cost to re-qualify is $40.00. This cost covers any range fees, shooting supplies and the instructor’s time.
8. The qualification course consist of shooting 50 rounds from varying distances of 4 feet up to 50 feet, using a combination of left-hand only, right-hand only, and two hand shooting, at the instructor’s verbal command. Passing is 240 or higher (out of a maximum score of 300). More details on the how you are scored will be explained during the qualification. This is required.
9. Please bring all of the above plus your current duty gear (uniform pants, holster, magazine pouch, duty belt, etc). This is required.
Payments (optional items, rescheduling fees, etc.) may be paid using cash, checks, or credit/debit cards on the day of the requalification.
The firearm(s) you will carry. Which must be of the following criteria:
Pistols: Standard semi-automatic pistols.
Caliber: .380, .40, .45ACP, .357 SIG, 9mm and 10mm.
Revolvers: Double-action revolvers only. NO SINGLE ACTION REVOLVERS
Caliber: .38, .357, 9mm and .45ACP
Please note: All handguns will be inspected by Goldeneye’s firearms training personnel to ensure they meet manufacturers’ specifications. Mechanical and/ or safety defects will result in the firearm being rejected.
Only “factory” ammunition will be utilized for qualification. The ammunition should have the same ballistic characteristics of that which will be carried in the handgun upon successful completion of the program. No re-loads or hand-loaded ammunition are allowed.
The live-fire qualification course requires each attendee to fire a qualification run of 80% (240/300) or better, to establish proficiency with consistency.
If you are qualifying with a semi-auto pistol, in addition to 50 rounds of ammunition, you will need:
Minimum of two (2) magazines for the pistol
Holster for the pistol which has a retention device (i.e., hammer strap, internal tension device).
For safety, no cheap nylon or leather, no inside-the-pants holsters.
Eye and hearing protection
**Contact the Goldeneye firearms training staff if you are not sure about the suitability of your equipment.
If you are qualifying with a revolver, in addition to 50 rounds of ammunition, you will need:
Minimum of two (2) speed-loaders for the revolver. No loading of loose rounds from pocket
Holster for the revolver which has a retention device (i.e., hammer strap, internal tension device).
For safety, no cheap nylon or leather, inside-the-pants holsters
Eye and hearing protection.